Thursday, March 6, 2014

The Paperwork

I've been out of the house for six months. In that time, MS and I have occasionally revisited the need to file the official paperwork to end the marriage. She was talking to a lawyer friend of ours to figure out everything needed to put all the paperwork together and what we needed to do the official filing.

Yesterday, she sent me the documentation for review. I was expecting a small book of notations and belongings and directions on how everything is to be set. But it's one page.

One page.

One page I could've filled out in 15 minutes.

Six months and I got one page. I'd be livid, except I'm overwhelmed by confusion as to WTF took six months to fill out a single page of basic information.

I'll be doing some research to make sure this is all on the level and whether I need to get more documentation or fill out anything else. Right now, this just doesn't make much sense to me.

On the plus side, if it's all good, we can finally file next week.

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment